The first castle was built in the 12th century, In 1316 it was mentioned as "new castle", which confirms the theory that it was built in place of a destroyed castle. In 1330 the town around the castle was one of the richest towns of the county. The Pauline Fathers build monastery near the castle and made beautiful gardens to welcome and satisfy the visitors of the queen of Hungary over centuries.
|Original medieval looks of Castle of Diosgyor Source: Wikimedia|
|The Susage well dried, handmade between 20-30 cm pieces.|